Friday, November 30, 2007

The First Step

I am Jared Scott Ballard and I have an empty mind. Now with that out of the way I can move forward with my pursuit of keeping my mind empty. Any thoughts that I have competing for attention up in that cranium of mine will soon be removed and place in black and white here, right here on this screen that is projecting light in that dark room of yours. By doing this I hope I will not find myself in time curled up in the fetal position in my closet chanting some mumbo-jumbo about the mysteries of life and the end of the world.

For most life is just a thing that we go through a process that will come to an end. For some when life ends existence ends, yet for others a new life as a horse, of a fly or even a horse fly begins and we continue to be reincarnated into many wonderful things and experience many different opportunities. To me well... I am a God fearing man and we will leave it at that. But what-ever way you look at it we all have this life to get through whether you like it or not.

In my time I have seen new life given and old life taken, I have seen people struggle to stay alive and others flippantly take their lives, I have seen sad faces with happy news and have seen happy faces with sad news, I have seen women cherish their husbands and husbands cherishing themselves, I have seen happy grown men cry and have seen sad men laugh. I have seen the lives being built by love and have seen lives being destroyed by hate. For everything I have seen I have also seen its opposite. The good and the bad, Prince Charming and Quasimodo, sinner and saint.

The life that I live now has all of its opposites and like a ship in the night I must navigate the best I can to maneuver around the rocky obstacles of life. Some rock will mar me and some might block me while others might sink me. Up to this point in my life I have been marred, blocked and my ship as even leaked.

So here I sit now fingers positioned over the keys that will spell out all of my lives journeys up to this point and follow me through out the "Days of My Life" or "Days of My Lives" if you fall on the reincarnation side of the twelve sided coin.

No comments: